RECIPE 8: SAFFRON AND ROSE CAKE
Enjoy this delicious Saffron and Rose cake with a Hot cup of tea or Coffee.
1 ½ cup plain flour
¾ cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
¾ cup milk
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp saffron (Soak in with little milk 15 min before use)
2 tbsp Rose water
¾ cup whipping cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
Dry rose petals
Pinch of saffron
1. Pre-heat an oven at 175°C/ 350 °F.
2. Line one 9-inch cake tin with parchment paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together sugar and butter until light and creamy.
4. Mix in egg one at a time and beat well.
5. Add rose water, saffron and milk little at a time and mix.
6. Now gently fold in sieved flour and baking powder one third at a time.
7. Once batter mixed well together transfer to a baking tin.
8. Bake for 45 minutes.
9. Leave on a wire rack to cool (Can be enjoyed at this stage without frosting)
10. Remove cake from Tin.
11. Whip together cream with sugar until soft peaks formed. Mix in a pinch of saffron
12. Frost the cake with a layer of cream with a spatula creating swirls.
13. Garnish with Rose petals and pistachio.