RECIPE 12: Bundt Cake with White chocolate and Saffron Ganache
Ingredients: Serves 8
1 Cup butter softened
1 ½ Cup granulated sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup milk
½ cup white chocolate
½ cup milk cream
¼ tsp saffron
2 tsp milk
1. Grease well a 8” Bundt tin with butter and sprinkle some all-purpose flour until interior of the tin
is well coated.
2. Pre-heat oven at 180 C or 360 F
3. In a large bowl mix together butter and sugar until soft and creamy.
4. Add in eggs one at a time and mix until well combined.
5. Add in milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
6. In a separate bowl sieve together flour, baking powder and salt.
7. Add the dry ingredients one third at a time to the mixture of wet ingredients. Gently fold the
mixture. You can add in more milk to adjust consistency if required.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes (until inserted skewer comes out clean).
9. Allow the cake to cool completely over a cooling rack and remove from Bundt tin.
10. For Glaze: Soak saffron strands in milk for 30 mins add this to chocolate and cream. Melt the
chocolate in a glass bowl over a bowl of hot water or microwave for 30 seconds. Mix well.
11. Pour the Chocolate ganache over the cake.
12. Enjoy the cake with a cup of tea.