RECIPE 4: Creamy Saffron And Shrimp Spaghetti
RECIPE 4: CREAMY SAFFRON AND SHRIMP SPAGHETTI
Looking for date night recipes, but do not want to spend hours cooking? Why not try this scrumptious recipe for Creamy Saffron and Shrimp spaghetti. Adding saffron to your basic pasta sauce will make it extremely luxurious and add a dimension of flavor to the recipe.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 200 gms Spaghetti
- 200 gms shrimps
- 1/2 cup double cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 medium sized shallot finely chopped
- ¼ tsp saffron strands (soaked in 2 tsp water)
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Fresh Parsley for garnish - finely chopped
1. In a large saucepan boil 3 cups of water with salt and a tbsp of olive oil. When water boils add
the spaghetti and cook it till al dente. Drain the water and set aside.
2. In a pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Sauté shrimps until they turn pink will take about 3 mins. Set
aside in a plate.
3. In the same pan, sauté garlic and onion until translucent.
4. Add cream, saffron, pepper and salt and simmer for 5 mins.
5. Toss in the cooked spaghetti, and shrimps and cook it for another 2 mins.
6. Serve hot garnish with parsley and a generous sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan.