RECIPE 3: Saffron Rice
RECIPE 3: SAFFRON RICE
Preparing a special dinner for family and friends? Why not add a pinch of saffron to rice and turn this simple side dish into something exotic? Saffron rice is perfect base to serve delicious kebabs, grilled meat and vegetables. This also perfectly paired with curries and stir fries. This recipe will give you the fluffiest and aromatic rice.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 Cups Rice (Preferably long grain Basmati)
- 4 Cups water
- Pinch of saffron
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 Bay leaves
- Salt to taste
1. Wash rice until water runs clear.
2. Soak saffron in 2 tsp water.
3. In a pan heat oil add the bay leaves and rice. Sauté it for a min.
4. Add boiling water (do not add cold water), salt and saffron. Stir well and cook for 12-15 mins
until most of the water is absorbed and rice is al-dente.
5. Reduce the heat to minimum, cover and cook for another 5 mins.
6. Turn off the heat and gently fluff up the rice grains using a fork.
7. Optional: Serve with some caramelized onions.