Saffron is the most expensive spice in the world. It is often considered a luxury by many people. If you have bought Red Saffron, you must be careful with its storage too. There are a few tips which can definitely increase their shelf life. Mostly, this spice is packed in glass jars or containers of different sizes. Different sellers adopt different techniques and ways of packing. It can vary from one to another. The question is why should you focus on storing saffron and why should you take additional precautions? The answers are:
- Saffron is expensive.
- If not stored properly, it loses its effective strength.
Tips for Storing Saffron
Most of the spices have a shelf life of 12 months whereas, with dried spices, the shelf life can go up to 3 years. Getting your hands on Premium Quality Saffron is difficult in the USA. If you have bought it, make sure you store it in an airtight container that is firmly sealed to help keep its freshness intact. Whenever you are considering to Buy Saffron in the USA, go for saffron threads because the strength, aroma and properties of stigmas don’t fade away easily. However, if you have bought powder saffron, the properties may be lost soon.
For maximum effectiveness, flavor, aroma – store the saffron in a dark place, away from the sunlight. Constant exposure to sunlight can damage the quality of saffron. The content inside the container must be protected from exposure to moisture. As this spice is highly delicate, you must consider these following tips to ensure its protection from damage:
- Ensure the storage container is clean and airtight.
- The container should be small in size so that the air cannot circulate freely inside it.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- If you use saffron regularly, never store it in the refrigerator. It has a humid environment that can cause moisture issues. Because whenever you will be taking that out, due to the difference in temperature it will create condensation inside the jar and the contents may be damaged within a short period of time.
- The temperature for storing saffron is 15-20 degrees Celsius.
- You can also use aluminum foil to wrap the container for additional protection against exposure to light and heat.
High Quality Saffron is not easily available. A lot of stores sell fake saffron threads. You must know to differentiate between the real and fake product. At Dream Saffron, we believe in genuineness and authenticity. We sell Persian saffron that is imported from Afghanistan and is 100% Organic, pure, lab tested and hand-harvested.
How to Buy Saffron Online?
If you are thinking where to Buy Original Saffron Online then visit our product page for Best Quality Saffron. As saffron is sensitive to light, we store our products in a safe environment to help protect their natural properties. You can use it for a wide range of purposes and buy according to your needs and requirements. Generally, people use saffron to make dishes – however, it is also a great anti-oxidant and helps to relieve depression and uplifting mood.
To buy saffron online, click here.