You might have seen a lot of times people making tasty saffron recipes. We also believe that even you would have prepared a few dishes with this aromatic and pleasing spice. But we want to ask you one thing- were you using the correct technique to get the right saffron flavors on your plate? Or do you know the different ways how you can get the most out of just a few threads of saffron? If you don't know, then do not worry because we have got your back.
To help you make each of your dish estasty and lip-smacking, we have listed a few fantastic ways. You can read 'em all, follow 'em. And voila! You have become the next Gordon Ramsay. So, are you excited? Alright then, scroll down and fill your kitchen with the heavenly saffron fragrance.
Different ways to get flavors right
- Toast and roast the saffron threads: The first and most common way of using saffron threads is roasting and toasting it. To do this, you will need an iron pan. Place the pan on the stove and keep the heat on medium flame. Once you have heated the pan, add saffron threads and cook it for a few minutes. Make sure that you don't burn the saffron. Roast the saffron completely, grid it and make a fine powder. You can use this power whenever you want to make your dish super tasty.
- Direct adding: If you are running short on time or simply don't want to follow any steps, you can add saffron directly to your dish. This is another way of preparing quick and delicious saffron recipes.
- Crush and soak the saffron: Another way to get the most out of saffron is by crushing it and then soaking it. For this, the first thing that you should do is crush the saffron by using a mortar and pestle. Just in case, if you don't have mortar and pestle, you can even crush the saffron using fingers. Once you have crushed the saffron into a fine powder, add it to milk or water. Let the powder be in the liquid for a couple of hours, and then add it to your dish.
Important things to remember while cooking
- Use it wisely: If you think that using a large amount of saffron will enhance your dish's flavor, you couldn't be more wrong. If anything that a large amount of saffron will do, it will make your dish bitter. You don't want that, right?
- Saffron in desserts: You can use 15 to 20 saffron threads to make plain cookies, bread, or pasties.
- Saffron in the grain-based recipe: Usually, 30 threads of saffron can be used in making a tasty grain-based saffron recipe.
Saffron can be used in the preparation of so many dishes. And if you use the technique that we have mentioned here, you can make every cuisine, whether sweet or savoury delicious.